Sunday, October 29, 2006

Burt's Farm
Last Saturday Abby and I met Avery and her mom at Burt's Farm in Dawsonville, GA. It is about 1.5 hours north of Atlanta. We drove up that morning and once again, it was the most beautiful day in Georgia. Abby was so tired from her school fall festival that she slept pretty much the whole drive. There is nothing better than a drive in the Georgia mountains as the leaves are changing.

There is a very fun hayride at the farm and we did that first thing. I kind of thought it would be a 5 minute ride but it was actually a nice long ride and was really fun. They even had a place with talking pumpkins. They were kind of evangelical pumpkins, something I never in this lifetime thought I would see. I was not quick enough with the camera but suffice it to say that those pumpkins had me laughing.



Checking out the hay.



Riding on the hayride. It was actually very comfortable!



How about this one?



They loved the wheelbarrow!



Success!! Both Abby and Avery picked out very pretty pumpkins!