Saturday, June 24, 2006

Good-bye Frasier
We found out Monday that my mom's dog Frasier died. :-( Frasier was one of the sweetest dogs I ever met. He was one of those perfect companion dogs who just liked to be with his people. He was also quite fond of boiled eggs, protecting the world from squirrels, and sleeping in a lap.

This was Abby's first experience with death. It's a hard concept for anyone but I really wondered how much she would understand. I was truly amazed at how much she seemed to grasp. We talked about it that evening and she has brought it up a few times since.



This is one of my favorite Abby/Frasier pictures. Abby was 18 months old at the time and so very fascinated with Frasier. He seemed to actually dig her admiration. Or maybe he just tolerated it.

We'll sure miss the little guy.